Monday, February 24, 2014

Interview with T. L. Decay.


Full Name:
T L Decay

Birthplace:
St. Louis, MO

Favorite city and why?
Nashville, TN. It is lively, and the people are very inviting.


Birthday / Age:
Old.

How would you describe yourself physically?
Average build, kinda tall.

How would someone else describe you physically?
The reason for Halloween masks.

The first thing people notice about you is…
They don’t, I’m a ninja.
If you can see T. L. Decay, he can see you.  If you can’t see T. L. Decay, you are moments away from death.


Religion, if any?
Christian.

Are you superstitious at all? Any phobias?
Yes, I don’t walk under ladders, I throw salt over my shoulder, etc…
Phobia – ending up in an event where I fall through and break a mirror, breaking my arms so I can’t throw the salt, and sliding under a ladder.


Do you smoke / drink? If so, what? Any bad habits?
Just quit tobacco for the second time.

Current occupation / Dream job:
I write stuff and things, out there and wish my ramblings would be as paid as the stuff and things writers for Rick.
I can’t English the end of that sentence.


What do you like to do when you’re not at work?
Hunt, shoot, fish,

What is your zombie outbreak survival plan?
I plan on OPSEC, yes there is another definition of it but here is this situation’s meaning:
Observe
Plan
Secure
Evacuate
Co-operate
Observe events to help you formulate a Plan to Secure your location or Evacuate if needed while Co-operating with survivors.
So, it’s fair to say you’ve put a bit of thought into this.
Just a bit, in all honesty look at situations like Katrina, Sandy, and Joplin.  It may not be zombies, but having a plan for disasters is always a good idea.  Those who are prepared can save more than just their own lives.


Weapon of choice:
10/22 for the zpoc, lighter ammo to carry more

Do you have any special skills?
I am pretty experienced in the outdoors.

Did you go to college and, if so, what for?
Yes, for the chicks!  Wait wait, you meant that another way.  Business I seem to remember some classes about business.

If you went to college, did you manage to pay off your student loans?
Never took any.

Any pets?   If so, what are they and what are their names?
My pet’s pen name is CC.  He is featured in my book, Piercing Undead.

What is your favorite animal?
Dogs!

Speaking of pets, any pet peeves?
I absolutely hate when people smack their gum loudly.


Favorite / Least favorite Food:
Liver, it tastes great if cooked well, but once swallowed the texture just tears me up.

What is your favorite quotation / motto / saying?
Keep going.

What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
My wife and kids.


What is the worst thing that ever happened to you?
Losing people.

Ever had your heart broken? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
I broke up with a girl, then she ran over me with a car.

Ever broken someone’s heart? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
I broke up with a girl, then she ran over me with a car.

What do you do?
I’m a horror and scifi author, with a poet lean.


How did you get started doing what you do?
I began writing in Afghanistan as a way to pass the time. The first story I wrote, outside of college writing, turned into my book “Contained Decay”

What is your advice to other people that want to get started doing what you do?
The simplest way to start writing is to, start writing.  Realize that not every one is going to be an instant hit.  Work at your writing, and write what you like.  In the very end, the effort should at least provide you with a story or poem YOU like.  Each story or poem you write will make you better with the practice.  The least good that comes out of it will be that you become better at writing and it improves your every day job performance. The best that happens is we all get to read your book.
I like that advice very much.  Thank you for sharing it.
You’re welcome.

What are some of the projects you’ve worked on/finished in the past?
Give us a little history if you will.
Random Scary Writings is a poetry and short story collection.  The assorted story lines range from vampires to werewolves to zombies.
Piercing Undead features some real life people that come together in fictitious circumstances to survive a zombie outbreak.
Contained Decay shows how a well-executed quarantine can keep the zombie virus from spreading (it’s obviously fiction).
Other Worlds is a Sci-Fi collection from JEA’s staff.
6 Ways Dead mixes crossing the River Styx (the Mississippi), zombies, and mutant fish.




What projects are you working on now?
I am working a second poetry collection, as well as tinkering with ideas for a demon based horror story.

What are you watching?
The Last of the Living – a very cheezy British z-action-comedy.

What are you listening to?
Imagine Dragons has really impressed me. I am a 70’s and 80’s classic rock type guy. It surprised me when Bon Jovi started playing in classic rock circles but it at least makes it easier to find music.  BTW classic rock stations Cindy Lauper is NOT classic rock, don’t do that to me.
Wyzae Crankfield is an artist I also have to mention.  The man knows how to bring life to undead lyrics.

What are you reading?
DA RobertsRagnarok Rising: The Crossing

Favorite author / book?
David Weber – Honor Harrington Series

Favorite band / song?
John (Cougar) Mellencamp – Authority Song


Least favorite band / song?
Cindy Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

If you could do anything other than what you do now, what would you do?
Professional Bass Fishing – I could probably fall out of the boat as much as Bill Dance.


Who would you want to meet that you haven’t met?
You get three choices: Alive. Dead. Fictional.
Alive – too much rump pain comes from a question like this.
Dead – James Madison, he must have been a great man to write the documents that made our country.
Fictional – Jack Ryan anyone that lucky and smart enough to capitalize on such luck has to have some lucky charms that rub off on those around him.

What’s the best and worst job you’ve ever had?
I am recently retired military but I would count that as my best job.  It allowed me to serve with a purpose.  I only had two jobs before that; a fast food chain and a pharmacy.  I would have to say that fast food was my worst job because working in the pharmacy lets me tell people I sold drugs with a straight face.  It was legal, but I still sold ‘em. LOL

Anyone you recommend I interview that you can put me in touch with?
D. A. Roberts – a fellow Missourian with a penchant for re-killing zombies.
S. P. Durnin – a crow bar wielding master of adventure.
Excellent!  You make the introductions and I’ll handle the follow-through!


Thanks for letting me subject you to being interviewed!




Pitch parade:
Give me all of your links for things you want to promote.   All of them.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TLDecaysScaryAndCreepyMayhem
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TLDecay
Website:
http://www.jellingtonashton.com/index.html
Blog:
http://tldecay.blogspot.com/

About the Interviewee:
TL Decay is an author and poet. He is in the middle of big changes that will see him moving across the country to finally settle down with his family after a life in the military.

No comments:

Post a Comment