Thursday, February 19, 2015

Interview with Nelson “Knuklez” Santiago.




Full Name:
Nelson Santiago

Do you have a nickname or what do your friends call you:
Knuklez

Birthplace:
Bronx, New York

Current hometown:
Ossining, New York
You’ve got some pretty cool towns in your area.  If I were you, I’d just say I was from Valhalla if I wanted to sound extra bad-ass in interviews.

Favorite city and why:
New York City, the environment of the town makes me feel nice and welcomed, it also help me to know that I’m not alone when it comes to weird shit.
What kind of “weird shit?”
Like from fetishes, lifestyle, interest, whatever…


Birthday / Age:
3/25/96:18

How would you describe yourself physically?
I’m that smart ass with a good head on his shoulders that always has an answer for everything, gets beat up for it, and does the same thing the next day.
Does the getting beat up get a bit tiring after a while?
Not really.


How would someone else describe you physically?
A nice guy, with a lot on his mind, I guess.

The first thing people notice about you is…
I wear black…a lot!
What do you answer when people ask you about wearing black a lot?
It’s my favorite color.

Sexual orientation?
Girls that won’t judge and understand the weird stuff that turns me on.

Religion, if any?

Atheism, in my opinion I think religion is bullshit.

Are you superstitious at all? Any phobias?
I’m scared to be alone, just by myself with no one on my side.

Do you smoke/drink? Any bad habits?
Mostly smoke weed and cigarettes and talking back to stupid people.

Current occupation / Dream job:
Looking for a job at the moment, and dream job would be to be a movie director and make movies about whatever I want.
That’s a tough road to choose.  I know a few people that direct films and it’s not easy.  If you want to break into the industry, you should so some production assistant work on some films and watch how things work on a film set.  You can learn a lot about making movies by helping someone else to make one.
Thanks man, I’ll keep that in mind.



What do you like to do when you’re not at work?
Write music and watch movies.
What kind of music and what kind of movies?
It depends what my mood is.

What is your zombie outbreak survival plan?
Do what Shaun of the dead taught me.
What did you learn from Shaun of the Dead?
Stay inside the pub and what till this all blows over.


Weapon of choice:
Baseball bat with nails.
So, a wooden bat with nails nailed into it?  Why that?
It makes more of a mess.


Do you have any special skills?
Editing, writing, and drawing.
Editing, writing and drawing what?
Videos on YouTube, stories (sometimes), and drawing on deviantart.

Did you go to college and, if so, what for?
Still in high school but I’m not planning on going to college.
Where are you thinking about going to college, and what are you thinking about majoring in?
I think it’s more stressful, and I’m thinking film making in case that music thing fails.




Any pets?  If so, what are they and what are their names?
I have pet’s two dogs and cats, Tommy and Aaron are my cats, and Belle and GiGi are the dogs.

What is your favorite animal?
Panda
Why a panda?
Pandas are chill and don’t care about anything.


Speaking of pets, any pet peeves?
Being loud, especially when I’m trying to record.

Favorite / Least favorite Food:
I like pizza, burgers, popcorn, and apples, but I hate turkey.
What’s so bad about turkey?
It just tastes bitter to me.


What is your favorite quotation / motto / saying?
“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.” – Kurt Cobain

What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
Finding my outlet in music.

What is the worst thing that ever happened to you?
Life.
Well, in life’s defense, it usually beats the alternative.
True.


Ever had your heart broken? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
When I was in middle school, I was in my first relationship and I messed it up because I didn’t know what to do.

Ever broken someone’s heart? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
Not that I know of…

What is the best thing you’ve ever done?
Helping people express themselves with things they’re good at.

What is the worst thing you’ve ever done?
Being friends with a racist moron that never keeps his mouth shut.

If you could kill one person, consequence free, who would it be and why?
Bill O’ Reilly, because he’s too stupid to realize the stuff that comes out of his mouth is untruth garbage, and the sad thing is some people actually eat it up.  It’s like they say, “In order to stop the disease from spreading, you gotta kill the source.”
Yeah, but he’s just a guy.  Maybe you can start up your own thing to express what you feel is the truth.
I do, it’s called music.


What do you do?
I write horrorcore rap song, make little skits, and do horror movie reviews sometimes.
I’ve got some imaginary friends on Facebook that do stuff like that too. Hannibal Bateman, SilentKill Jess, and Tommy Creep.  You should look those guys up in my friends list and send them a request if you’re not already imaginary friends.
I’ll think about it.


How did you get started doing what you do?
By posting songs on YouTube.
How has the response been to what you post on YouTube?
Pretty good, unlike when I started.


What is your advice to other people that want to get started doing what you do?
Do what you love to do because even if you fail, you’ll better eventually.

What are some of the projects you’ve worked on/finished in the past?
Fuck Knuklez! And Death Shot 2 The Nuts.
Do you have a site set up to sell your releases?
No, I just put I’m on datpiff and bandcamp like everyone else.





Give us a little history if you will.
DS2TN, was first mixtape I made that put me on the map and Fuck Knuklez! Was the how I felt when I got kicked out of my hometown high school.
What did you get kicked out of your hometown high school for?
I did a song over the summer break with some internet friends called “”Psycho Killa” which was an unfinished song I did back in 06. On the second week of starting school I was called in to the office with my mom there and I saw my video on the screen. Saying he got scared because I mentioned Columbine in the song and on the spot suspended me. The rest is horse shit.


What projects are you working on now?
Microphone Shotgun, my fourth album.

What are you watching?
YouTube videos.

What are you listening to?
Underground Hip-Hop.

What are you reading?
A Malcolm X Biography.
Which one?
By Any Means Necessary by Walter Dean Myers


Favorite author / book?
Stephen King, H.P Lovecraft, and Alan Moore.

Favorite band / song?
Immortal Technique, Cage, Diabolic, Army Of The Pharaohs, Insane Clown Posse, Chris Webby, Ben Folds, Marilyn Manson, Eminem, Nas, Necro, Ill Bill, Sutter Kain, Donnie Darko, Jedi Mind Tricks, Apathy, Celph Titled, and GG Allin

Least favorite band / song?
Mike Stud, Coke Boys, Chief Keef, Gucci Mane, Rick Ross, Iggy Azalea, Sam Pepper, 2 Chainz, V Nasty, Lil Wayne, Drake, Huey Mack, and so other ones but I forgot their names.
I must be getting old, because I only recognize, like, two of those artists.
Nah, it’s fine I sometimes feel old myself, music now a days just sucks.


Who would you want to meet that you haven’t met? You get three choices:
Alive
– Filthy Frank
Dead
– Jesus (to know he exists)
Fictional
– Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony

What’s the best and worst job you’ve ever had?
Being in an insane school.
Like, a school for insane kids, or was the school insane?
The second one.


Anyone you recommend I interview that you can put me in touch with?
Yes,there’s:
Taurean J: https://www.youtube.com/user/taureanJuggalo
Shadow: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ukshadow1991
Wubcake: https://www.youtube.com/user/PinkamenaVA
Boy Blue: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBoyBlue91982
Andre: https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomCrappyCrap
Cool.  When your interview gets posted, if anyone is interested in being interviewed, point them in my direction.
K!


Thanks for letting me subject you to being interviewed!

Pitch parade:
Give me all of your links for things you want to promote. All of them.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Knuklez/198810440132533
Twitter: https://twitter.com/knuklezrapper
Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/KNUKLES54X/
Blog: http://knuklezrap.tumblr.com/
Music: http://knuklezrap.bandcamp.com/
Art:
http://knuklez.deviantart.com/



About the Interviewee:
Nelson “Knuklez” Santiago is a nice guy that is sometimes misunderstood.  He doesn’t give a fuck about what you say and if his music offends you, guess what, he still doesn’t care.  He’s the type of guy to wear an anime school girl uniform, carry a my little pony lunchbox, fill the thing with rocks and smash people’s faces for saying hateful things.  He enjoys watching black comedies, horror movies, and sometimes depressing dramas, but once in a while he watches happy stuff.  He has a lot of respect for fandoms like bronies, furries, and juggalos to name a few.  He’s just a guy that makes horrorcore hip-hop about violence, rape, whatever goes on in his brain, and things he dislikes.  He’s a person that does something that only a small amount of people can appreciate, as long as you support him and his craft he’ll go places.  It’s okay to hate his music, just don’t be a dick about it.  He can care less about you bad grammar and spelling typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment