Thursday, January 30, 2014

Interview with Jay Gidwitz.


BOLD = Intital questions
Plain text = Jay Gidwitz
Italics = Scott Lefebvre
SL: Full Name:
JG: Jay Gidwitz

SL: Do you have a nickname or what do your friends call you?
JG: Jay, mostly. Every once in a while: Gid-Sauce, the Gid-Man, Giddy.
SL: Whenever I referred to you in the third person in your absence, well, usually in your absence, I always went with “Gidwitz” because your last name is so fun to say. Gidwitz!
JG: I'm glad to have brought such joy to your life.

SL: Birthplace:
JG: Chicago

SL: Current hometown:
JG: Providence, RI

SL: Favorite city and why?
JG: Chicago, New York, Providence, Seattle.  There's too many great places! But probably in that order. I hear Austin is amazing, but have never been there.  I love Providence. Everything that is cool about Boston, Chicago is better at, and with less douchery.
NY has much douchery but it's more time management that anything else.  I'm hesitant to go to Philly, because the people I've met that grew up there were out of their minds.  But it was usually more hilarious than dangerous.  Providence is great. I'd like to see the tech startups in Providence kicking more ass.
SL: That would be nice, wouldn’t it? It’s a shame that video game company spontaneously imploded because it had a lot of potential and when they folded their tent it fucked up a lot of people’s lives.
JG: It's a shame the RI politicians put all their eggs in one basket, and because it folded, are now too cowardly to invest in RI entrepreneurs. See our article on investing in RI on Studio Issa.
SL: I think I’ll do just that.


SL: Birthday / Age:
JG: Age, 32. I don't include the date because of astrology, and wizardry.  Not because I believe in it, but because the potential upside is limited, and the potential downside is unlimited.  I only give my true birthdate over to giant, faceless corporate monstrosities who occasionally have their data stolen by hackers.  Yay identity theft! At least I know if I need to go Jason Bourne or off-the-grid there won't be a short list of identities to buy.
SL: Yay! The illusion of security!

SL: How would you describe yourself physically?
JG: I think I am younger and more attractive than I really am.

SL: How would someone else describe you physically?
JG: Tall, ginger, and mopey. I just have so many feelings, you know?

SL: The first thing people notice about you is…
JG: My pheromones. I'm often told I smell terrific.
SL: The first thing I noticed about you was that you always look vaguely pissed off. I remember asking Anthony “Does that guy not like me for whatever reason?” and Anthony saying “No. Not that I know of. He just looks that way.”
JG: Yeah, that's just my face.

SL: Sexual orientation?
JG: Straight. I'm pretty vanilla.
SL: I hope for the sake of your girlfriend that you’re downplaying your prowess, and that you’re secretly the sexual version of Indiana Jones.
JG: That's a good idea.  I'll invest in a whip and a cowboy hat; but NOT a storyline by George Lucas.

SL: Religion, if any?
JG: Fnord.
SL: All hail Bob! Or don’t.
JG: Also, Discordianism.

SL: Are you superstitious at all? Any phobias?
JG: Yes, I believe in everything.  Especially the imaginary.  Remember, history is rewritten every year, but fiction stays the same. Alice in Wonderland will always be the same.  The only thing true is the make believe.  So, I think if I make enough artwork, and do what I'm supposed to do, I'll live forever.  In a sense, or at least longer.

SL: Do you smoke/drink? If so, what? Any bad habits?
JG: Usually when I try to say something funny it's just plain mean.  That's a bad habit.  But sometimes it's funny, too.
SL: I think it’s because you always look vaguely pissed.
JG: I just have so many feelings.  I don't know where to put them.


SL: Current occupation / Dream job:
JG: Artist, photographer, web developer. I would like to be James Bond. Or a dictator of a small Banana Republic or member of a royal family.
SL: Well, until you get your dictator shit in order, you’re a really solid we designer. I love what you did with the Necronomicon website and you were really easy to work with and I would definitely recommend that others hire you to be their web wizard.
JG: Yes, Thank you. http://studioissa.com is currently taking on new web development projects. And also marketing and design. We've assembled a great team of web developers, designers, and creative communications experts that do really great work.

SL: What do you like to do when you’re not at work?
JG: Hone my plans to take over the world. People should probably contact me to purchase my art. It will be the currency of the new world. The dollar is on its way out. A signed Gidwitz will be the new gold.

SL: What is your zombie outbreak survival plan?
JG: Are they slow zombies or zoombies?
SL: Your choice. Run with it… or don’t.
JG: I'd probably assemble a group of people and hide out in a small house in the boonies with huge weapons arsenal until we figure out where the nearest working military base is.

SL: Weapon of choice:
JG: Computer. I believe in pressing “fire” from 3,000 miles aways. He who has the best engineers wins. Technology is the opposite of manliness.
SL: You know what engineers use for birth control? Their personalities.
JG: It's the most effective form of birth control. Only foiled by alcohol or confidence. Or dashing good looks. Or money.


SL: Do you have any special skills?
JG: Photography.  Photoshop.  Drawing.  Web design.  I'm also not bad at talking my way out of something.
SL: You are pretty good at Photoshop. I envy your skills. I can do a solid layout in MS Paint, but I haven’t spent the time to try to learn Photoshop.
JG: I hear MS Paint is a worthy competitor.  I haven't used it since Widows 3.1, fortunately.

SL: Did you go to college and, if so, what for?
JG: Art school for classical painting in Chicago.  And Brown University for (digital) art and photography.  My official degree says Visual Art.  I met some great teachers there, such as Richard Fishman there that let me focus on my work and encouraged me to explore my interests in art.  Having that freedom and the open curriculum was a wonderful privilege. I think education should focus on letting people become more unique and individuated by exploring their interests rather than making everyone learn the same material.  Going to those schools was a wonderful opportunity.

SL: What is your favorite animal?
JG: Steak.

SL: Speaking of pets, any pet peeves?
Procedure people. Material-fundamentalists who think themselves scientists. Intellectuals who confuse the invisible with the non-existent. Doctors that think they are psychic. Over-estimating knowledge and not leaving space for chaos, randomness, and the unknown (magic).

SL: Favorite / Least favorite Food:
JG: Favorite: Chocolate, coffee. Pork Pâté. I like organ meats.
Least favorite: I don't like anything from the ocean, or cheeses that smell like feet. If it smells like it should be exiting, I don't put it in the entrance.

SL: What is your favorite quotation / motto / saying?
JG: “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.” ― Alejandro Jodorowsky
“Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working.” ― Pablo Picasso
“Most directors make films with their eyes; I make films with my testicles.” ― Alejandro Jodorowsky
SL: Ooh! Jodorowsky! I’m a fan of his work also! What are your favorite Jodorowsky films?
JG: Holy Mountain.


SL: What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
JG: Art.

SL: What is the worst thing that ever happened to you?
JG: Teachers.
SL: I know, right? When I was in third grade, I learned how to make origami paper balloons that when you blew into the opening, they’d pop open into a square. All the kids in my class wanted them, so I started selling them for a nickel a piece. My teacher found out about my little entrepreneurial endeavor and made me stop. That, to me, is exemplary of my educational experience. Instead of every focusing on my strengths, institutionalized education always focused on my weaknesses and forced rote memorization and procedural thinking as the only way to earn good grades.
JG: Some of the kids that got in the most trouble during school are now the most successful. The rest got (themselves or someone else) pregnant their first year of college. I specifically remember them clowning around in health class where sex education was covered. It's ridiculous. But if we use Darwin's rules as the game rules, they are way ahead of me right now. See the movie Idiocracy for more on that.
SL: I love Idiocracy! Every year that there’s an election I make this my profile picture. Because it’s inevitable… and one can always hope.


SL: Ever had your heart broken? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer? Ever broken someone’s heart? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
JG: In first grade there was a girl that would chase me around the playground and hold me down with her friends and kiss me. I was too embarrassed to actually tell her that I liked it. One day she stopped. Probably because I played hard-to-get for too long. It's a tough life.

SL: What is the best thing you’ve ever done?
JG: Make pictures.


SL: What is the worst thing you’ve ever done?
JG: Been a middle-schooler. Puberty was like losing 10 years of my life. Teenagers should probably be kept in cages. Now they have iPads and computer games, so it's like the same thing. You train them to like sitting there and pushing a button over and over. I'm looking forward to technology raising my children one day.
SL: There’s time to stay indoors and push buttons when you’re an adult. Kids should be digging holes and climbing trees and poking dead cats with sticks and riding around on bicycles and skateboards without helmets. Anyone that lets their children spend their childhood being programmed by someone else’s fantasies should not be allowed to raise children. Books are fine. Comic books are okay too. But if your kid spends more time playing Angry Birds than falling out of trees, you fucked up as a parent.
JG: If the tree they fall out of is too high, it would solve the problem of being a bad parent. Wow. Going to some dark places in this interview.
SL: As George Carlin used to say, “The kid that eats too many marbles doesn’t get to grow up to have his own kids.” I’m not a Dawinist, per se, but I support that one.

SL: If you could kill one person, consequence free, who would it be and why? JG: Aristotle. His logic gives the illusion of cause and effect. There is no space for a “nexus of causality” and randomness and complexity. It leaves our thinking over-simplified, fragile, and with the illusion of easy answers. See Fooled by Randomness, or Antifragile by Nicholas Taleb for more on that.
SL: Every now and then I think I’m smart. Some other people have even been fooled into thinking I’m smart. But then I hang out with guys like you and Anthony and I realize just how stupid I am. It’s a pleasantly humbling experience. Keep up the smart work.
JG: Thank you. Anthony and I are just big nerds. Big time.

SL: What do you do?
JG: I make photographs and art at JayGidwitz.com.  I'm curator at Surrealism Today. I design websites at Studio Issa.

SL: How did you get started doing what you do?
JG: By tinkering and playing. I think that's how we get most of our results. The theories come afterwards.

SL: What is your advice to other people that want to get started doing what you do?
JG: Tinker, play, experiment. When you have a question, make sure it is specific, and ask Google first. Make friends that do what you want to do.

SL: What are some of the projects you’ve worked on/finished in the past?
JG: Art:
The Tarot (in progress)
Abstractions (in progress)
Plastic Camera (in progress)
Mandalas (in progress)
Web Development Portfolio:



SL: What projects are you working on now?
JG: The Dream LogicTarot with Anthony Teth. Subscribe to the email list to get an invite when the project is done.
SL: Tell us a bit more about that. What motivated you to design a tarot deck? How is it different than the tarot decks that are already out there?
JG: The Tarot uses platonic concepts and archetypes taken from astrology, philosophy and the tree of life to make a map of the human universe (the human life). Our deck uses the traditional concepts with photography and digital art, plus we add our own concepts from chaos theory, chaos magic, NLP, general semantics, and about anything else we find interesting to inspire the deck and visuals.
Whether a skeptic (which I am) should use the tarot, in my opinion is a resounding yes.
The narrative fallacy provides a good explanation of how the tarot is helpful without believing in mysticism. It's the concept that we think in stories and will accept a story over data, even if it is an inappropriate metaphor.
So when you're working on a problem in your life, you are stuck in whatever story you are in. By doing a tarot reading you're randomly developing another narrative to entertain. In other words you are forcing yourself to think about the problem in a new way. This changes your perspective, and hence the emotions around it.
It's not about telling the future but about changing your mind. It's a great exercise. I recommend it to anyone that wants to grow. I think the Dream Logic Tarot art is turning out great so far, and people should go sign up to get an invite when the art is available. It's been a wonderful project to work on. And it's been great to work with Anthony Teth. People should check out his website if they are interested in mysticism or are against dogma.
SL: When I used to read tarot cards, and badly at that, I would use the concept of the narrative fallacy that you posted the link to an explanation of before I knew what it was. I did not, and do not believe in the metaphysical power of divination, but I agree that it does allow someone to metaphorically examine whatever problems they may have when deciding their course of action.
JG: The concepts are broad enough that they usually can be applied, no matter the situation. But it helps regardless to soften your focus.  On the other hand I've heard some really intense personal stories people had with psychic readings that were very specific, and came to be true.
On the other hand, if you go to a reader, and she offers to remove a curse for an extra hundred dollars, I wouldn't pay it.
I had a friend that called her sister and said she thought she got ripped off by a psychic, and her sister said: “How could you tell, was it because you went to a psychic?”  Regardless, Anthony has had some really cool/weird experiences that are a good argument that we don't know the half of it-- and he's very level headed in his day-to-day.  I hope he shares them on his website some day.


SL: What are you watching?
JG: Finishing up Breaking Bad. Starting Justified. It's a modern western set in Kentucky.

SL: What are you listening to?
JG: The HipsterInternational playlist by “napstersean”. I like my movies, TV, and music to be mostly candy. Tasty… but without nutritional value.

SL: What are you reading?
JG: I just finished The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It's a Scifi Fantasy Western. The ending blew off the top of my head. I'm going to start The Diamond Age next.

SL: Favorite author / book?JG: Dune by Frank Herbert. The interplanetary feudal system is the future. That is, 10,000 years after men with robots overthrow the communist utopia and attempt to enslave humanity. If you invest now you can get in on the ground floor. For practically pennies on the dollar.
SL: A beginning is a very delicate time. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel, to fold space. That is, travel to any part of universe without moving. He who controls the spice, controls the universe! I did not say this. I am not here.
JG: And how can this be? Because he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune
“The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune

SL: Favorite band / song?
JG: For the moment, YACHT by Distopia, or Tennis Court by Lorde.  I like candy. Sorry about that.*
SL: *Not really sorry about that.

SL: Least favorite band / song?
JG: Anything that tries to make me feel sad or think. I have too many feelings already.

SL: If you could do anything other than what you do now, what would you do?
JG: Lie in a hammock on my private island in the Caribbean and be fed chocolate and wine by the Swedish bikini team. Kidding. I love what I'm doing now.

SL: Who would you want to meet that you haven’t met?
JG: Alejandro Jodorowsky, director of Holy Mountain. (please embed the trailer).  If you don't have Holy Mountain, you should get it even if it's only to have on at halloween parties once a year. Here's a link.  It's the strangest thing in the world.  And a must-have for any movie library. Jodorowsky also wrote Psycho Magic, which is amazing.  It shows that the difference between, art, magic and psycho-therapy are only in language.  The underlying principles are the same.  He's a film director, artist, and occultist and studied with native healers (shaman) in Mexico.  Nassim NicholasTaleb, author of the Black Swan and Antifragile.  I'd also like to meet RobertAnton Wilson Louis C. K., Nikola Tesla, Rasputin, Gurdjieff, Milton Erickson, Salvador Dali.
SL: Josh Gravel met Alejandro Jodorowsky in Toronto at a convention once. I think that if we kill him and drink his blood we’ll be able to incorporate his memories. Technically speaking, we probably wouldn’t have to kill him to drink his blood, but it’s more sound ritually if we do so.
JG: I've been considering eating the film reel of Holy Mountain. Perhaps we can grind it up and use it as a spice when we eat Jodorowsky. We'll have to send Anthony to get him from Paris.
I almost forgot about Dave McKean, who I think is one of the greatest artists alive, although he's a storyteller, not the pretentious kind of artist. His graphic novel Cages is AMAZING. Pictures that Tick has a story in it that is perhaps my favorite thing in the world. His art is amazingly emotive and he works in every style. I guess I would like to eat him too, but not until he stops working.*
*Dave, if you're read this, I wouldn't actually eat you, as tempting as it is to steal your powers. Jay Gidwitz Art and its subsidiaries does not endorse cannibalism in states or municipalities where it is forbidden. Consult a lawyer in your city before eating your favorite artist.

SL: What’s the best and worst job you’ve ever had?
JG: Working at an advertising agency in Chicago was great. Shooting photographs for the Brown Creative Arts Council is great. Working as a camp counselor was fun while I had to do it, but if I still had to do it I wouldn't like it. Things aren't that bad when you know it has a time limit. Some websites I've worked on started to kill me by the end. But some of my best work has been the most painful.

SL: Are there any questions that I didn’t ask that you wished I had asked that you would like to answer now?
JG: 42.
SL: So now we finally know the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything. And the question is… “Are there any questions that I didn’t ask that you wished I had asked that you would like to answer now?”

SL: Anyone you recommend I interview that you can put me in touch with?
JG: Dogma exterminator, occultist, historian, memory expert, and Mayor of Providence's Late-Night Scene, Anthony Teth.
SL: Of course I asked Anthony if he would like to participate in an interview… and of course I’ve been waiting since October for his answers to the first round of questions. As much as I consider Anthony a friend, sometimes asking him to participate in something is similar to the old adage... “I will consider it for eternity.”
Hopefully seeing how much fun you had with your interview will remind him that he still owes me an interview.
JG: He's a really busy guy with a great work ethic. If he says he'll get it done he will. But perhaps not on your timeline.
SL: Well, I feel that three months is a pretty fair window for someone to get their interview done. Actually, he finally sent over his first round over the weekend so I’ll be kicking back his second round today. So thanks if you or Q put a bug in his ear. I look forward to running your three interviews in a row as a sort of “Hometown Throwdown”.


SL: Got any questions for me?
JG: What's the craziest thing you believe, even though you know it?
SL: I’m an antitheist. I believe that given the size of the universe as we know it, it’s absurd to think that there’s an anthropomorphic deity that grants wishes to all of his believers if you close your eyes and think hard. That being said, I have precognitive dreams. It’s never anything awesome like the lottery numbers, but I dream unlikely scenarios, and think they’re weird upon waking, but then, days, weeks, months, or even years down the line I experience a synchronous sense of déjà vu and remember that I dreamed what is happening. This really fucks with my antitheism.
JG: I recommend going to a hypnotist and having him get you to start dreaming about winning lottery numbers then. I read an article about a hypnotist in Boston called the “Mad Russian” who threatens to throw people through the window if they don't comply. I guess that would put me in a trance. I've been meaning to go there. You should probably use your powers to win the lottery. If you win, this unsolicited advice will only cost you three percent of your winnings. Publishing this interview confirms your agreement to this contract.
Other weird things I think: I believe in everything, in some sense. But generally “believe” is a strong word. Beliefs can't be proven. Otherwise they would be called facts. Fortunately mythology can cause the same emotional and physical response as the real. Which is why art and advertising can be such great fields to work in.
I also don't think that anyone that wants to run for President should be allowed to. Otherwise you get the lunatics in office that we keep getting. Also someone should pass a law that says that for every law they pass, they have to repeal ten laws. Last I heard just the income tax code was over 70,000 pages. We're living in a world weirder than Alice in Wonderland. It boggles my mind.
SL: The problem is when people confuse their beliefs with facts. That’s why we have a pseudo-theocracy. Something like more than half of our duly elected representatives don’t believe in the theory of evolution. That means that more than half of the people running this country believe that everything was created by an invisible sky father in seven days and that we’re all the product of incest. We don’t get the leaders we need, we get the leaders we deserve. My concern is that our civil liberties are being whittled away law by law until our laws are moving from an “Everything that is not forbidden is permitted.” philosophy to an “Everything that is not permitted is forbidden.” philosophy. Should I drive down the highway at 80 miles an hour shooting a firearm at the moon while listening to Billy Idol’s Rebel Yell at full volume? Probably not. But I should be able to if I want to.
JG: That's not a good example, because when you shoot your bullets into the sky, they might come back down and land on someone's head... but I know what you mean.  We seem to be getting more and more domesticated, but at the same time, we haven't as far as I know burned too many people at the stake for witchcraft, so things might slowly be getting better for most people, at least in this country.  It is two steps forward one step back though.  It's starting to look like we might stop incarcerating people for marijuana possession in most states in the US the next hundred years... and that will take some money away from organized crime and the cartels, so there's baby steps.

JG: What is the strangest thing that is most important to you?
SL: I’m not really into material possessions, and I prefer to be given things rather than buying them. Among my prized possessions are a vial of grave dirt from the grave of Bela Lugosi, a small resin cast sculpture of a Shoggoth, and a personalized signed hardcover copy of Clive Barker’s Books Of Blood, because they were given to me by friends out of gratitude which means a lot more to me than anything I’ve purchased.
JG: A book my girlfriend made for me. A ring my father gave me. The postcards my Mom sends me. Also a piece of jewelry that Richard Bandler, the founder of NLP gave to me.
SL: I had no idea that you were into NLP. I have a passing interest in it also. By “passing interest” I mean I use what I know, but have never made the time for serious study of it. Have you studied NLP? Like, officially?
JG: I made some friends with some people that teach it so yes.  I like all those woo-woo psychology and self-help things when people keep them in perspective. Anthony comes at the Tarot project from an occultist's perspective and I come at it from a psychological and post-freudian/post-1960's psychology point of view.

JG: What couldn't you live without?
SL: Two things. My laptop and my physical body.
I always need to be creating and a lot of the creation that I do is facilitated by my laptop. I had to go without it for about a month last year because Dell shipped mine out with a faulty motherboard and it was a truly terrible month for me.
As for my physical body, I could take it or leave it.
If I could clone out an identical body, except without the need to eat and sleep and excrete and just transfer my brain over into it I’d be really happy.
I hate having to maintain my body and it often gets in the way of my imagination and artistic expression.
JG: I haven't met any great minds without a body. But I have met a few great bodies without a mind.
SL: ZING!

JG: What do you most love?
SL: I still miss my last ex-girlfriend. I told her that I thought she’d be the last girl I ever dated and I believed it when I said it. I’m a complicated person and difficult to understand but she understood me and could read me like a book. Other than her, I can pretty much take or leave most things in this world. In a million or so years the sun’s going to collapse in on itself and anything that has ever happened on this planet won’t matter.
JG: You really do miss her, if you find the death of the planet consoling. That's alarming. But hopefully we'll be off this rock by then. Fear is the mind-killer.

JG: What do you covet, that you don't like to tell?
SL: Nothing really, except I do tend to fall in love too easily and fall in love too fast as the song goes. If I like someone’s personality, I’m theirs for the taking. So sometimes I have to unfollow a girl on social media for a while if I start crushing on them kind of hard to avoid fucking up our imaginary friendship. I work hard to keep it from getting creepy. Sometimes I’m more successful than others.
JG: My unread book library (anti-library) is expanding out of my book cases again.
Also, no matter the frequency of its removal, I always seem to have a copious amount of naval lint. I don't covet the lint— that's just weird— but I covet the removal of the naval lint.

JG: What's your strangest fear?
SL: When I was around ten years old I accidentally sliced open my right wrist on a jagged broken bottle. It was terrifying and required stitches and I still have a scar to this day. As a result, I can’t wear a watch or wristband on that wrist as it makes me hyper-sensitive of that scar. Not that weird, I suppose, but I decided to go with “little known fear that people that don’t know you well wouldn’t know about” over straight weird, as I’m not really that weird. More than a little crazy? Clearly. But really not that weird.
JG: I'm afraid we're living in the book “A Brave New World.” But I actually think we are, metaphorically. I'm also afraid of being reborn as an insect. Or a farm animal. I do love my bacon. Some things taste so good I can't believe our politicians haven't outlawed them.
SL: Give them time. First they came for our soft drinks… and I didn’t defend the soft drinks, because I didn’t drink them. Then they came for the bacon…

SL: I’d be interested in knowing your answers to the preceding also.
SL: Thanks for letting me subject you to being interviewed!
JG: You're welcome! THANK you for the interview. I love it when people let me hear the sound of my voice. I appreciate the opportunity to get the word out about my projects.

Pitch parade:
Give me all of your links for things you want to promote. All of them.
About the Interviewee:
Twitter: @jaygidwitz
My biggest project to date: The Dream Logic Tarot Deck (In collaboration with Anthony Teth.)
Discover amazing surreal artwork on Surrealism Today, or follow Surrealism Today on Facebook.
Get occasional email updates on my art here:http://surreali.sm/Kjb5s9



About the Jay Gidwitz:
Jay Gidwitz is an artist and photographer at jaygidwitz.com. He is a curator of surreal, fantastic, and visionary art at surrealismtoday.com and surreal-art.tumblr.com. He started the largest surrealism group on vimeo.
He is currently working on a deck of tarot cards at dreamlogictarot.com with occultist Anthony Teth.
Jay develops websites at studioissa.com, a design and creative communications company located in Providence, RI.

About the Interviewer:
Scott Lefebvre can write about whatever you want him to write about.
Mostly because when he was grounded for his outlandish behavior as a hyperactive school child, the only place he was allowed to go was the public library.
His literary tastes were forged by the works of Helen Hoke, Alvin Schwartz and Stephen Gammell, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Edgar Allan Poe, and H. P. Lovecraft.
He is the author of Spooky Creepy Long Island, and a contributing author to Forrest J. Ackerman’s Anthology of the Living Dead, Fracas: A Collection of Short Friction, The Call of Lovecraft, and Cashiers du Cinemart.
He is currently working on ten novel-length book projects which will be released in 2014.
He also publishes themed collections of interviews from his interview blog You Are Entitled To My Opinion.
His reviews have been published by a variety of in print and online media including Scars Magazine, Icons of Fright, Fatally Yours and Screams of Terror, and he has appeared in Fangoria, Rue Morgue and HorrorHound Magazine.
He is the Assistant Program Director for The Arkham Film Society and produces electronic music under the names Master Control and LOVECRAFTWORK.
He is currently working on a novel-length expansion of a short-story titled, "The End Of The World Is Nigh", a crowd-funded, crowd-sourced, post-apocalyptic, zombie epidemic project.
Check out the blog for the book here: theendoftheworldisnighbook.blogspot.com
Check out the Facebook Fan Page for the project here: www.facebook.com/TheEndOfTheWorldIsNighBook
Check his author profile at: www.amazon.com/Scott-Lefebvre/e/B001TQ2W9G
Follow him at GoodReads here:
www.goodreads.com/author/show/1617246.Scott_Lefebvre
Check out his publishing imprint Burnt Offerings Books here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Burnt-Offerings-Books/1408858196016246
And here: http://burntofferingsbooks.blogspot.com/
Check out his electronic music here: soundcloud.com/master_control
And here: master-control.bandcamp.com
Check out his videos at: www.youtube.com/user/doctornapoleon
Check out his IMDB profile here: www.imdb.com/name/nm3678959
Follow his Twitter here: twitter.com/TheLefebvre or @TheLefebvre
Follow his Tumblr here: thelefebvre.tumblr.com
Check out his Etsy here: www.etsy.com/shop/ScottLefebvreArt
Join the group for The Arkham Film Society here:
www.facebook.com/groups/arkhamscreenings
Stalk his Facebook at: www.facebook.com/TheLefebvre
E-mail him at: Scott_Lefebvre@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment