Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Interview with Jim Heffernan.



Full Name:
Jim Heffernan

Do you have a nickname or what do your friends call you?
Crazy Jim.

Birthplace:
Beverly, Massachusetts.

Current hometown:
North Reading, Mass.  GO HORNETS!

Favorite city and why?
Boston because it’s home.

How would you describe yourself physically?
Out of shape.


How would someone else describe you physically?
A flavorable slab of man candy.

The first thing people notice about you is…
My dynamic sense of style and personality.

Religion, if any?
I was raised Catholic.  I’m not much for organized religion, these days, but I still maintain a strong spiritual side. I believe in God.

Are you superstitious at all? Any phobias?
Not particularly superstitious but I’m scared shitless of rats, bats, and sharks.  Not fond of grizzly bears either.

Do you smoke / drink? If so, what?
I’m pretty much on the anti-smoking tip but I have been known to enjoy an alcoholic beverage or two during the holidays or special occasion.  Crown Royal is known to be my drink of choice.


Any bad habits?
I’m messy.  I’ve gotten a little better about that but not much.

Current occupation / Dream job:
Currently, I’m doing the nine-to-five thing as a night manager at a gas station to pay the bills and making films when the money comes in to do so.  My dream job would be to be in a position where I could do the latter without requiring on the former for the financial resources. 


What do you like to do when you’re not at work?
I like to just kick back with friends.  When weather permits, I like to be outside, preferably around a fire, nursing an alcoholic beverage or two, trading jokes and breaking balls.  Or at a lake or pool, busting moves in my swim trunks.  In the winter, I hide inside and bitch about how cold it is.
I like to hide inside as much as possible.  I really only enjoy fall weather, and living in New England, winter lasts five months, and summer lasts four months, so we only get a month between those two monsters to enjoy fair weather, and even then it’s a dice roll if it’s going to rain all day, although I usually don’t mind if it rains all day since I like to stay inside anyway and rain just give me another reason to stay inside and write with the windows open.
Yeah, New England winters are definitely ideal for hibernation and writing.

What is your zombie outbreak survival plan?
Isolation.  I listen to some of my other friends’ zombie survival plans and they all seem convinced that they are survivalists because they play Call of Duty.  I’m like, “I’ve seen you mother fuckers on canoe trips and you’re ready to kill one another over the last beer.  No fucking way am I volunteering to join up with you guys in your little fallout shelters”.  I subscribe to the George Romero zombie outbreak theory.  Civilized society is hanging on by a very thin thread already and I hold out little hope that something as chaotic as an outbreak of flesh-eating ghouls would bring us together.
From a merely fantasy point-of-view, I wouldn’t mind going all Dawn of the Dead and holing up at a shopping mall, gorilla-pressing zombies off the second floor into the coin pond but in reality, I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only one with that idea.  Not to mention, mall designs just aren’t as cool as they were in the 70’s.

Weapon of choice:
Probably the strongest blunt object I can find.   No need to reload.  Maybe a 2x4 like “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan.  I also wouldn’t mind brandishing a flaming torch like an angry villager in an old Universal horror movie.

Do you have any special skills?
I don’t have any specific talents.  I tell jokes.  I write.  I like to think I’m pretty creative but I can’t like fix your car or your computer or anything cool like that.

Did you go to college and, if so, what for?
Did not go to college.  Might have hung out at a few college parking lots but never went there to learn.
Like this?  http://youtu.be/whZuz5Dwtw8
Outside of the clothing and hairstyle choices, I’d call that hauntingly accurate.

What is your favorite animal?
I’m a dog guy all the way.  It makes it tough for me to gain any real leverage in my interactions with human beings because once people know that puppy eyes work on you, you’re kind of branded a softie for the rest of your life.

Speaking of pets, any pet peeves?
I could be here all day on this one but I’ll try to keep it simple.  People who are in line at the bank, grocery store, or any other place who choose to talk on their cell phone and ignore the people around them so they can concentrate on whatever mundane conversation they are having with their friend, miles away, who is probably doing the same thing to some poor guy at Burger King.  I absolutely hate that.
Next time just slap the phone out of their hand and stomp on it, and when they freak out and ask “What was THAT for?”, just give them a hard stare and point in their face and say, “You KNOW what that was for!”.  Then leave before the cops get there.  There’s no way that someone’s gonna call the cops and the cops are gonna show up before you’re miles away, and hopefully the person will feel too embarrassed to file a police report, and the clerk will feel too supportive of what you did to give evidence against you, and it will be a lesson to every other asshole that thinks that it’s okay for you to use your cell phone while waiting in line and subjecting everyone else to your boring fucking bullshit.
I feel the advent of that whole Bluetooth deal has kind of made that a more daunting task than it’s worth.  I have no idea what I’m supposed to grab and stomp anymore.  I suppose I could always just take said person by the shoulders and shake the ever-loving shit out of them but I’m saving up my lawyer fees for a worthwhile assault and battery case.

Favorite / Least favorite Food:
Favorite take-out food is either a Sausage pizza from Captain’s Pizza or Chicken-O’s from Simard’s.  Both are local fast food joints.  Only the finest of the fine cuisine for me.  Don’t know about least favorite.  Maybe a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

What is your favorite quotation / motto / saying?
It changes often but the one I heard recently and I’m not sure from where exactly is “You can’t be half pregnant”.  It’s a good one.  You can’t walk into goals, half-assed.  You need to approach them like there is no turning back.  A lot of people I notice want to have these big adult goals and either get cold feet or want to revert back to children, the first time things don’t go their way.  The only time most of us really embrace responsibility is when we are forced to.

What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
I honestly feel like the best is yet to come.  Some very incredible opportunities have presented themselves to me in the last couple years that I never would have thought possible when I was just getting started.

What is the worst thing that ever happened to you?

I may have to turn the clock back a little ways on this one.  The one that immediately comes to mind was in eighth grade, last day of Junior High, one of the hardest periods in my life.  I was really still finding my way.  Academically and socially, I was just a mess.  I didn’t get good grades because I really didn’t care at that point.  My father had been diagnosed with cancer, that year, and I still wasn’t sure what to make of that.  I don’t recall if he had beaten it at that point but I know in 1994-95, I just didn’t care about being a good student at all.  I remember that day, I was already having a tough one when I returned into home room at the very end where everybody goes to get their report cards.  It was Mr. Hurley’s class and for whatever reason, the report cards were there but he wasn’t so all the kids just grabbed the report cards for themselves.  By the time, I got there, everybody had kind of looked at each other’s so they could compare them and see who did what.  These were mostly like the brightest of the bright, honor roll students, and what have you.  I remember I got in there and they had my report card out on the desk and they were all laughing at it like it was the funniest thing they ever came across.  I think I failed or just barely passed every class but English and gym.  And here were these fucking kids from all the honor classes, sitting here, talking about me like I wasn’t even there.  They were looking at me like I was literally so lacking in intelligence that I couldn’t comprehend that I was the punch line or something.  It would be like, “Oh man!  I got a B-minus in Advanced History but hey, at least, I don’t have Jimmy’s report card.”
I understand it now but back then, it was pretty vicious.  That’s the one thing about being a teenager that we often overlook when we’re getting all nostalgic.  Those tend to be some very awkward years for a lot of us.  There’s nobody around to explain just how small a portion of the overall life experience it actually is.  We’re so worried about being accepted by people we’re not even gonna see once we get out of school anyway. Though a lot of it is probably less about trying to forge friendships as it is to dodge ridicule.  
Anyway, that’s end of my little sob story for now.  



Ever had your heart broken? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
I think everyone has in one way or another.  Nobody is immune to that.  Nothing worth digging back up though.

Ever broken someone’s heart? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
I’m sure I have.  I’m not perfect.  I can’t cite specific examples but I’m willing to bet I’m guilty of it.  

What is the best thing you’ve ever done?
Firstly, putting a plan in motion to accomplish the goals I wanted to achieve.  Secondly, following my instincts about what was right for my project when others tried to persuade me that I was making a mistake. 

What is the worst thing you’ve ever done?
Every now and again, I’ll run across old friends who will remind me of some of the knucklehead things I use to do and some of it haunts me a little bit.  I think I’ve chosen to forget a lot of it because I’m really not too proud of it.  When people would do things to me or my friends that I viewed as blatantly disrespectful, I might have gotten a little too excessive with some of the retaliations.


If you could kill one person, who would it be, and why?
I don’t think I would kill anybody but I wouldn’t mind having the person or persons who broke into my folks’ house a few years back roughed up a little bit.

What do you do?

I write and direct films.


How did you get started doing what you do?
I started off by making little movies with friends.  Made some pretty crummy ones then graduated to some slightly less crummier ones and along the way, learned a few neat little storytelling tricks.  Whole lot of trial and error.

What is your advice to other people that want to get started doing what you do?

Find a system that works for you.  There’s a million different ways to do it.  Find the one that works best for you.  Some people go the film school route and there’s something to be said for that but it’s very expensive and there’s not a guarantee that just because you go to film school, you are going to build something off of that.
The thing about not going to film school, and I didn’t, is that does not mean you don’t have to get that education.  I know a lot of wannabe filmmakers think, “Oh. Quentin Tarantino didn’t go.  Robert Rodriguez didn’t go.  Kevin Smith didn’t.”  Just because someone didn’t go to film school does not mean, they just picked up a camera and created a masterpiece.  It is certainly not a pre-requisite anymore that you need it but if you’re going that route, you should be aware that you are now investing your own time and money into discovering all of those painful first-time filmmaker mistakes.  There’s plenty of great, inexpensive books on do-it-yourself filmmaking but the only way you’re going to really get that knowledge and experience is to go out there and apply all your little crazy theories and watch how quickly they fall apart and how little you actually know.  It will be a painful, humbling experience but there are no short cuts.  You got to take those hits but if you stick to it, it can be done.
Kevin Smith did go to film school.  That’s where he met Scott Mosier.  I don’t think he finished though.  I think he took his tuition money and dumped it into Clerks and then maxed out a bunch of credit cards to get it into a shape where he could show it around.  Miramax also dumped a lot of money into the film to clean it up and make it marketable.
I had heard he had enrolled in one of those “Learn How to Make A Film in 90 Days” crash courses and that was where he and Mosier met.  I didn’t know he had actually enrolled in a film school.



What are some of the projects you’ve worked on/finished in the past?
Give us a little history if you will.

I did this little no-budget horror short a couple years back called Irretrievable.  It was this experimental kind of film where we tried a bunch of different things and had some fun making it but I think we sort of rushed it to meet a festival deadline and I’m not sure we quite got the desired result.  We also didn’t get into the festival.  It now lies buried deep within my personal vault with all the old 8MM videos I did as a teenager.  Never to be seen again.
Another short I did not too long ago was called Destroy All Sisters.  Made it with an all-female cast comprised of some very close friends of mine and a small skeleton crew and it was a blast.  It was about these two sisters who take turns pulling elaborate pranks on one another.  We spent about four days doing all these little messy gags where they would get covered in milk, flour, green gack, shaving cream, itching powder.  Pretty much anything you could name.  I think they each took about six showers a day. Their skin turned different colors.  They were picking crap out of their hair.  I don’t think any of them wanted to talk to me for weeks after that but we got some pretty great stuff.  That one will be coming out.

What projects are you working on now?

Right now, I’m in the middle of shooting my first full-length feature, “The Angry World of Brian Webster”.  It’s a comedy film starring Chris Goodwin, Suzanne Danahy, Zach Gillette, and an ensemble cast of very funny and talented people.  We shot on a relatively small budget but we managed to pull off some fairly ambitious stuff.  I think people will really get a kick out of it.  We took a brief hiatus during the holidays so we wouldn’t having to shoot winter for summer but we’ll be finishing up on the last handful of shooting days in the spring.

What are you watching?

I just finished watching the Gareth Edwards film, Monsters, and a bootleg of this Indonesian action flick called Final Score, that a friend burnt for me.  Next on the viewing block will most likely be The Samuel Fuller Collection boxed set that I just got in the mail.

What are you listening to?

I’m a big hip-hop head.  I just picked up the new Terrace Martin album, 3ChordFold.  It’s pretty incredible stuff.  I’ve also been listening to this new Kool G. Rap & Necro collabo album, Once Upon A Crime.  It has a real old school New York rap feel to it.  Real violent and grimy kind of shit.  I hear DJ Quik is working on a new album soon so depending on when that drops, that is guaranteed to be in my playlist.

What are you reading?

If you were to open up my book bag right now, you’d probably find The Undisputed Truth by Mike Tyson.  I know not everyone is a fan but I think he’s one of the most compelling people in sports.  I’m also about halfway through the revised version of The Stand that I picked up about a year ago.

Favorite author / book?

I don’t really read a lot of fiction but probably Stephen King.  My friend, Mark, turned me on to this book of his, On Writing, which I now recommend to every person I meet, who is thinking of exploring creative writing.  It’s not only full of great little tidbits for aspiring writers but there’s a lot of interesting personal anecdotes as well.  I also love just about every book written by Mick Foley.  I realize listing a pro wrestler as my favorite “author” doesn’t paint the most sophisticated portrait of my reading habits but, fuck it, I do love them wrestling books.
I’ve read Mick Foley’s books.  They’re good reads.  It’s not “high literature” but it is interesting reading.  Fuck book snobs.
Agreed.  I think when it comes to art, books, film, and even people I associate with, the only real requirement is that they not be dull or grating.  If you can keep me awake and avoid getting on my nerves, you’re doing alright.

Favorite band / song?

I’m not sure if I have a favorite band right now.  Does Kool and The Gang count? Favorite song is “If I Should Die Tonight” by the immortal Mr. Marvin Gaye.

Least favorite band / song?

Least favorite song is probably either “My Humps” by the Black-Eyed Peas or that damn “Cupid Shuffle” song.



If you could do anything other than what you do now, what would you do?

Paint, draw, write and compose music.  I’m not sure I’d be good at any of that but it would be neat to try.  I’ve been told I’d make a good comedienne but I may be a little too shy. I tend to think I’m too much of a natural introvert to make a good living in that environment but then again, there’s things you couldn’t pay me to do that I am now doing, essentially for free, to get my film made, so perhaps, passions will always outweigh anxieties with me.  

Who would you want to meet that you haven’t met?
You get three choices: Alive. Dead. Fictional.

Alive --- Morgan Freeman.  The meeting would probably just consist of me bugging him to recite quotes from “Lean On Me” and “Shawshank” until he walked away, disgusted, but there aren’t many cooler people to me right now than him.
Dead --- Tupac Shakur.  If he’s busy, that day, “Macho Man” Randy Savage.  Perhaps a more worldly fella might go with somebody like Gandhi, Martin Luther King, or Abe Lincoln but I feel given their historical significance, they might find it somewhat anti-climactic to be summoned from beyond the grave just to talk to my bad grammar-having ass.  When planning posthumous dinner dates, I think it’s important for one to get in where they fit in.
Fictional ---- Fictional, eh?  There’s probably so many cool options I’m overlooking but all I can think of right now is fulfilling deviant fantasies with Raquel Welch’s cavewoman character from One Million BC or the Michelle Pfeiffer incarnation of Catwoman.  I have problems.

What’s the best and worst job you’ve ever had?

Probably a tie for best.  I worked at a video store for a couple years.  I’m a huge movie geek so getting paid to watch all the new movies and read the video magazines with the upcoming releases was a pretty cool gig.
I also did some tile work for a few years.  I wasn’t particularly skilled at it but I worked with really good people, didn’t have the constant customer interaction that you get with working a retail job, and made a very decent paycheck at the end of the week.
Worst job was working at Wal-Mart in high school.  All the usual BS that comes with working retail and they had their little cliques like the lunch room in Junior High.
I had the same problem when I worked for Target for a few months a couple years back.  Initially I was hired as seasonal help during a store renovation and I worked the third shift restock team.  At the beginning of the shift we’d have to all line up along this conveyor track and sort the merchandise by department.  I worked with a bunch of fat old Spanish ladies and broken-spirited bitter white people.  The fat Spanish ladies would always line up at the easiest departments and since I was a guy, I was expected to work the toughest departments.  So while they were handling five pound boxes, I was stuck picking up and pivoting with full cases of juice and pasta sauce and boxed furniture.  It was back-fucking work.  Then, when the truck was finally unloaded and everything was sorted onto palettes by department and I was lathered with sweat, we’d have to restock the store.  Half of the restock crew only spoke Spanish, so the crews were segregated into Spanish-speaking and English-speaking crews.  Fucked up, but totally true.  So I worked with the broken-spirited bitter white people.   I noticed that they had job postings for other departments so I switched over to day side and started working in the electronics department and I was really good at it.  It’s not rocket surgery.  Then two weeks into that, they called me into the back office and told me that my seasonal contract was up and it would be my last week.   I was all, “But… you’re hiring for positions in the electronics department!  You’ve got four open positions you’re trying to fill and you’re going to get rid of me?  Why can’t I just keep working in the department where you need help?”.  But the lady running h. r. was too stupid or bad at her job to be able to change my employee status over from “seasonal” to “regular” and I had to find another job.
It’s odd how mismanaged some of these corporations can be and how they tend to have these policies that exist, simply because someone somewhere said they needed to, but didn’t bother to elaborate on the purpose behind them.  I remember when I worked electronics, they would constantly send us notices informing us of register shortages.  We would often fill out these total blow-off answers like “a leprechaun stole it” and nobody in any management capacity ever came back and told us to cut the shit.
What made things worse was that my girlfriend worked dayside and we tried to keep our relationship on the down-low to avoid any kind of complications with our job.  That’s fine, but there were a bunch of dudes that were working there that were trying to fuck my girlfriend.  And they weren’t subtle about it either.  Like, really borderline or blatantly sexual harassment lawsuit behavior.  And she wasn’t really great at the whole, “Oh, thanks but no thanks.  I’ve already got one.” thing.  Unfortunately none of my girlfriends have been very good at that.  I have no problem with other dudes flirting with my girlfriend.  That’s part of the price you pay for having an attractive girlfriend.  As long as they cut the shit and back off when she drops the “b” word, as in “boyfriend”.  But she’s got to do her part on defense and not let every dude that pitches flirt at her think that they’ve got a chance at being a second-round draft pick, or even worse, a relief hitter.
That does sound like quite the shit show.  I’ve been fortunate to only really have worked with an ex or two in my time and that was pretty far after the fact.

Are there any questions that I didn’t ask that you wished I had asked that you would like to answer now?

Nah, everything seems copasetic as far as I’m concerned.

Anyone you recommend I interview that you can put me in touch with?

I’ve met a lot of really talented and interesting people, this past year.  Almost too many to name but off the top of my head, there’s Chris Goodwin, Nelson Reis, Nathaniel Cook, Nick Norrman, India Pearl, Christina Kostoulakos, Jonathan Shepard, Alexander Hauck, and Dom Parry.  And if you can deal with his prima donna attitude, there’s also Zach Gillette.
I would also feel somewhat amiss if I did not mention the extremely talented Jay Vaz, who writes and performs music for the William Cutting Band and the Watchtowers respectively, and is quite the filmmaker in his own right.  The band, Closed Casket, particularly Sammy & Chico, might make for a good interview too.  Hope I’m not killing you too much with all this name-dropping.
You’re not, as I have no idea who any of those people are.  But if they’re interested in being interviewed and you want to make the introductions I’ll handle the follow-through. 
I’d say they are some of the more interesting people I’ve had a chance to work with and would be intrigued to read what they would say so I will try and see if I can make that happen.
Except for that prima dona dude.  I have no interest in interviewing any of those “Do you know who I am?” types. “No, dude, I have no idea who you are, now get back in line like everyone else.”  I know your mother always said you were special, but I’m not your mother and unless you’re someone whose work I already know and admire, I’m going to treat you like every other interviewee.
Well, just to clarify, and it pains me a little to say this, Zach is actually a real humble, down to Earth guy.  I just make it a point to try and publicly slander his character every now and again.  It’s all tongue-in-cheek though.  Since this will be published in text form, I should probably keep it light so it doesn’t confuse the reader.  He’s a very talented actor… I guess.


Got any questions for me?
In your opinion, what do you think makes for the most compelling interview subjects and also, is there any particular question that you ask on this survey that you feel generates the most intriguing responses?
Good questions.
There’s no particular type of person that makes for the most interesting interview subjects.  It’s not authors or artists or musicians or film-makers.  The interesting and the boring are pretty evenly distributed among the genres of media they produce.   What I can tell you is if you want your interview to be boring, answer the initial survey with one sentence, or even better/worse one word answers.  Ninety-five percent of the time I have no idea who you are before I interview you, and I use the initial questionnaire to start a conversation and find out a bit about you and based on your answers I ask follow-up questions.  If you give me interesting answers to your initial questionnaire, then it’s easy for me to ask follow-up questions because I can relate to you and I’m interested in knowing more about you.  If you kick back a bunch of, “Yes.” and “No.” and “I’d rather not say.” then you’re wasting both of our times.  If you don’t want to be interviewed, then just say so and don’t make me harass you into being interesting.  If your interview is boring, then no one’s going to want to read your book or watch your movie or listen to your music or whatever.  The worst is when a self-proclaimed author turns in a boring interview.  I mean, I understand artists hiding behind that whole, “doesn’t interact well with others” thing, but if you claim to be a writer, then write me up an interesting interview.  If you bore me with your interview, and then try to give me your book to read and review you’re out of luck.  “But it’s about zombies!”  Yeah, and it’s probably boring as fuck.  You’ve got your interview.   I hope it helped you sell a couple extra books.  Now drift.
I was always surprised by how many people I would interview for crew positions or would audition for acting spots who seem to have no real genuine interests at all.  I’d be sitting across from the table from these people and be amazed at their total lack of enthusiasm for even the occupation they had spent any number of years honing their craft on.  How can a movie person not have anything worthwhile to say about movies?
I’ll never know the answer to that one.

As for which question generates the most interesting answers, it really depends on the person.  If you’re halfway intelligent and put a bit of effort into your answers, you can make every answer to every question interesting.
The questions that I think SHOULD elicit the most interesting answers are these six:
What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
What is the worst thing that ever happened to you?
Ever had your heart broken? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
Ever broken someone’s heart? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
What is the best thing you’ve ever done?
What is the worst thing you’ve ever done?
I haven’t seen these on any other interview survey and it really gives the interviewee the chance to let us know some interesting stuff about themself.  That’s why it’s so frustrating when interviewees give me boring answers or inelegant dodges.
“I’m going to plead the fifth on this one.” or “I would tell you but then I’d have to kill you.”.
Those are both non-answers and not particularly interesting ones at that and everyone thinks that they’re being witty with those sidestep answers because everyone’s a narcissist and never reads any of the other interviews on the site so they can not answer the same dumb predictable answer that the interviewee before them answered.
Also I shouldn’t have to ask follow-up questions to ask you to tell me about the book title or film-title or album-title you just dropped.  If you’re content to just drop the name and expect people are going to want to check it out, fine, good luck, but it had better have a pretty awesome name.  Like, “The Most Awesomest Awesomeness That Ever Was”.  But if your project has some generic one-word title and you don’t follow-up and tell anyone reading the interview something interesting about your project that might make them want to check it out, I don’t have the time or effort to try to squeeze it out of you.  I edited seven interviews already tonight, and I have another ten on my desktop I have to edit this weekend, and that’s not counting the literally hundreds of interviews I sent out that people have been procrastinating on and come trickling back every now and then in dribs and drabs.  That’s why whenever anyone offers to interview me, I make it my top priority, because I know what it’s like to be an interviewer and have people shine you off.  If someone is willing to expend their time and effort to promote me and my work I give them the highest priority possible because I appreciate anyone willing to do that for anyone else.
I think that’s a commendable approach.

Thanks for letting me subject you to being interviewed!
Thank YOU for giving me the outlet to discuss my work.

Pitch parade:

Give me all of your links for things you want to promote.   All of them.
Facebook:
Crazy Jim Films, LTD. - https://www.facebook.com/crazyjimfilmsltd
The Angry World of Brian Webster - https://www.facebook.com/angryworld2014
Destroy All Sisters - https://www.facebook.com/destroyallsisters
IMDB Pages:
Jim Heffernan - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4439449/
The Angry World of Brian Webster - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3129196/
Destroy All Sisters - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3129248/
Blog: http://crazyjimfilms.blogspot.com/2014



About the Interviewee:
Jim Heffernan is a misunderstood soul with a lot of free time on his hands. He is currently active in writing and directing independent film projects in the Boston area. His first feature film, “The Angry World of Brian Webster”, is in production now.

About the Interviewer:
Scott Lefebvre can write about whatever you want him to write about.
Mostly because when he was grounded for his outlandish behavior as a hyperactive school child, the only place he was allowed to go was the public library.
His literary tastes were forged by the works of Helen Hoke, Alvin Schwartz and Stephen Gammell, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Edgar Allan Poe, and H. P. Lovecraft.
He is the author of Spooky Creepy Long Island, and a contributing author to Forrest J. Ackerman’s Anthology of the Living Dead, Fracas: A Collection of Short Friction, The Call of Lovecraft, and Cashiers du Cinemart.
He is currently working on ten novel-length book projects which will be released in 2014.
He also publishes themed collections of interviews from his interview blog You Are Entitled To My Opinion.
His reviews have been published by a variety of in print and online media including Scars Magazine, Icons of Fright, Fatally Yours and Screams of Terror, and he has appeared in Fangoria, Rue Morgue and HorrorHound Magazine.
He is the Assistant Program Director for The Arkham Film Society and produces electronic music under the names Master Control and LOVECRAFTWORK.
He is currently working on a novel-length expansion of a short-story titled, "The End Of The World Is Nigh", a crowd-funded, crowd-sourced, post-apocalyptic, zombie epidemic project.
Check out the blog for the book here: theendoftheworldisnighbook.blogspot.com
Check out the Facebook Fan Page for the project here: www.facebook.com/TheEndOfTheWorldIsNighBook
Check his author profile at: www.amazon.com/Scott-Lefebvre/e/B001TQ2W9G
Follow him at GoodReads here:
www.goodreads.com/author/show/1617246.Scott_Lefebvre
Check out his publishing imprint Burnt Offerings Books here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Burnt-Offerings-Books/1408858196016246
And here: http://burntofferingsbooks.blogspot.com/
Check out his electronic music here: soundcloud.com/master_control
And here: master-control.bandcamp.com
Check out his videos at: www.youtube.com/user/doctornapoleon
Check out his IMDB profile here: www.imdb.com/name/nm3678959
Follow his Twitter here: twitter.com/TheLefebvre or @TheLefebvre
Follow his Tumblr here: thelefebvre.tumblr.com
Check out his Etsy here: www.etsy.com/shop/ScottLefebvreArt
Join the group for The Arkham Film Society here:
www.facebook.com/groups/arkhamscreenings
Stalk his Facebook at: www.facebook.com/TheLefebvre
E-mail him at: Scott_Lefebvre@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment