Saturday, October 5, 2013

Interview with Eric Pigors.



Full Name:
Eric Pigors

Do you have a nickname or what do your friends call you?
Unkle Pigors

Birthplace:
Under a rock in Arizona.

Current hometown:
Santa Clarita, California

Favorite city and why?
Hollywood / Music.
What about the music scene in Hollywood? Care to expand on your answer?

Birthday/Age:
10-12-1962 – too old!

How would you describe yourself physically?
Old feeling but young in my mind.

How would someone else describe you physically?
Repulsive, scary, funny, crazy!

The first thing people notice about you is…
My hair and blank stare.

Hair Color/Eye Color/Race?
Brown what’s left of it- brown eyes all 3 of them!

Sexual orientation?
Married.

Religion, if any?
Not sure yet?

Are you superstitious at all?
Any phobias? Fear of public toilets!

Do you smoke/drink?   If so, what?   Any bad habits?
No just picking my nose!

Current occupation/Dream job:
Artist of TOXICTOONS!

What do you like to do when you’re not at work?
I’m always at work!

What is your zombie outbreak survival plan?
Eat myself.
Oh man! Best answer yet!

Weapon of choice:
Sharp teeth.

Do you have any special skills?
I can wiggle my ass and attract bees!
Video or it didn’t happen!
Hahaha! No video, but would be funny!

Did you go to college and, if so, what for?
Yes BRANDES ART for ANIMATION 2-D not 3D.

Any pets?   If so, what are they and what are their names?
Cola our black cat.

What is your favorite animal?
Cats.

Speaking of pets, any pet peeves?
People who are angry fucktards!

Favorite/Least favorite Food:
Pizza & Baby food.

What is your favorite quotation/motto/saying?
See you at the cemetery!

What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
Being able to draw what I do, and meeting my beautiful wife Denise.

What is the worst thing that ever happened to you?
Heart attack 2011.
Are you fucking kidding me? That must have been terrifying! What was it like?
Scared the shit out of me because I thought the doctor was just going to say “You have acid indigestion.” NOPE! He says “Well looks like you are having a heart attack.” Funny thing is when the EMTs came to take me in the ambulance to another hospital to get the operation ”stents put in” one EMT said, ”Hey I see your name is ERIC PIGORS. You aren’t UNKLE PIGORS are you?”
Yes that’s me, wow we have someone famous on board!
Then he said he had bought some of my prints and shirts at HALLOWEENTOWN where I was supposed to be part of their Haunted mansion tribute artshow that coming weekend. He did ease my mind on the trip to the other hospital. Now I just deal with fear of every little thing that makes me feel off!

Ever had your heart broken? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
Yes, and it also almost stopped 2 years ago!

Ever broken someone’s heart? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
No. I’m too nice a guy.

What is the best thing you’ve ever done?
Married  Denise.

What is the worst thing you’ve ever done?
Killed a bird with a BB gun as a kid!

If you could kill one person, consequence free, who would it be and why?
Hmmm… Santa Claus! Then HALLOWEEN would rule the seasons hahahahaha!

What do you do?
Fart, poop, eat, sleep, drink water and draw.

How did you get started doing what you do?
Opened my hand put a pencil in it and watched my hand do the magic!

What is your advice to other people that want to get started doing what you do?
Have fun and don’t expect to make millions!

Where did you draw the inspiration for your style of art? It’s really unique but I could see how you might’ve been inspired by Charles Addams and Edward Gorey. Am I close?

Well  yep, all the stuff I grew up on as a kid in the 1970s is reflected in what I draw MAD, Wacky Pacs, Rat Fink, Odd Rods, Plop comics, Addams Family, Munsters, Disneys, Groovy Ghoolies, and of course Halloween time!
A man after my own rotten blackened shattered evil heart!

What projects are you working on?
My 2013 Halloween merch!
Tell us more about that. I’m following you on Facebook and I notice you’re posting pretty steadily which I don’t mind much as your stuff is so cool. I tried to send you a Friend Request but you’re all full up, you popular fellow you!

Yah FACEBOOK has a limit of 5000 which sucks, and I do plug a lot, but I just do it because people are on and off all day. So I figure they will see it sooner or later!
I do my annual TRICK OR TREAT BAGS the past 7 years ,and this year I ended up doing 2 different ones because I have drawn so much stuff this season since I haven’t been working at any animation studios this year. Just my Toxictoons. I have lots of Prints-stickers-shirts- for Halloween and all year round, not just at Halloween.
I also have 4 new Toxictoons masks this year made by TRICK OR TREAT STUDIOS. I now have 9 masks in their line.
It’s awesome, I never even imagined as a kid I would grow up work at WALT DISNEYS 15 YEARS, have monster masks made of my art, or even be an artist and create all the Toxictoons art I have done!
Weird where life takes you. And this is just the beginning, I hope to do an animated Halloween special before I kick the bucket!
But Halloween is my favorite time of year! I even had a Halloween themed wedding in 1995.
Amazing! Halloween is my favorite time of year too! Every year I’m pissed off that it’s not a national holiday and it’s the only holiday that I require to have off as a “religious” holiday. Not that I ever really do anything on Halloween. I’m so antisocial that my Halloween is usually spent indoors watching horror movies for a day straight with a girl if I’m lucky enough to find one willing to do the same. I used to go to parties, but they’re always pretty disappointing. All the women are usually dressed up as slutty versions of everyday things like cops or cats or Little Red Riding Hood, and the guys are too self-conscious to dress up as anything, and everybody just gets wasted and high and it’s not really very Halloween-y. I’d love to go to a party where everyone is in costume and there’s a big screen TV playing horror movies and someone put together a solid Halloween playlist playing on a decent sound system and there’s, like, a punchbowl of spiked punch with plastic eyeballs floating in it, but they don’t host those parties around here, and I’m too unpopular and antisocial to put together one of my own. So it looks like this year it’s going to be bunkering in and watching the entire Universal Monster cycle by myself again.

What are you watching?
TV and flies circle my feet.

What are you listening to?
CDs & radio, and the voices in my head.

What are you reading?
Whatever is in my bathroom.

Favorite author/book?
Dr. Seuss
Favorite Dr. Seuss book?
“If I ran the Circus”, my mom read it to me all the time as a kid. I love his art and the story!

Favorite band/song?

Bad Bad Leroy Brown.

Least favorite band/song?
Anything by any of the bands you see on MTV now a days!

Desert Island Music/Movies/Books: You know the deal. Five of each.
CDs
1. QUEEN - sheer heart attack -1st record I every bought!
2. MINISTRY - a mind is a terrible thing to taste.
3. AMEN - Coma America
4. CHEAP TRICK – Heaven tonight
5. My Halloween record collection but I have over 2000 cds so I want em all!
Films
1. A Christmas Story.
2. BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN.
3. The Munsters collection
4. Addams Family collection
5. Trick or treat newer one.
Books:
1. My Mad collection
2. Tales from the Crypt
3. THE ART OF ED BIG DADDY ROTH
4. PLOP COMICS
5. WALT DISNEY’S -  ILLUSION OF LIFE

If you could do anything other than what you do now, what would you do?
Drive a hearse or be in a rock band!

Who would you want to meet that you haven’t met?
You get three choices: Alive.   Dead.    Fictional.
Walt Disney, Vincent Price, Charles Addams

What’s the best and worst job you’ve ever had?
Walt Disney animation was best – roofing in 110 heat was worst.
What happened with the Disney animation gig?

Are there any questions that I didn’t ask that you wished I had asked that you would like to answer now?
Why do you have 13 toes?
Alright then, why DO you have thirteen toes?

Anyone you recommend I interview that you can put me in touch with?
The devil?

Cool. Send us both an introductory e-mail so we’ll have each other’s e-mail address.
His email is 666beelzuhbub@gmail.com I wonder if it works and who you will contact?
Whelp, I sent him an interview request so I’ll let you know how that works out.
Ah, it bounced back as undeliverable. Damn it.


Got any questions for me?
What kind of deodorant do you use?
Old Spice – Sport Scent. I like the smell of Old Spice so I like to smell it when I sniff my armpits to check to see if they stink. Hey! Old Spice! How about an endorsement contract!
I use peppermint sticks and rainbow sherbet ice cream so it tastes good when I lick them!


Closing questions / summary / and thanks:
Thanks for allowing me to subject you to an interview!
If I cover the postage through PayPal can I ask you to send me a care package of gear to give away to promote you and the interview and my site? You know, if you’ve got any loose stuff or one-offs or stickers or what have you that you could part with for the cause. Plus if you send me t-shirt I promise to wear it all the time and tell everyone where to find it if they want one for themselves. I’m a Large for sexy Extra-Large for comfort!
If not, I totally understand and no love lost.
Oh! And can I get you to draw me a zombie for my post-apocalyptic zombie epidemic project?
I know it’s a dick move to ask an artist to do something for free because as a fellow artist I know that it takes time and effort to do what we do, but if you could find it in your heart to draw me a bitchin’ zombie I could print up a limited run of ten or twenty of to send to contributors to my crowd-funding campaign it might help to make a few of them make up their minds and donate. Pretty please?
Again, if not, I totally understand and no love lost.
If you pay postage I can send a signed book or 2 and maybe something else, sorry I don’t draw stuff like you mentioned above.

That would be AWESOME! I’ll follow up with you via Facebook PM about how to PayPal you the postage and thanks in advance! I’m sure whatever you decide to send will be awesome!

Pitch parade:
Give me all of your links for things you want to promote.   All of them.
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Toxictoons
Twitter: twitter.com/toxictoonspigor
Website: www.toxictoons.com

About the Interviewee:
I am the artist of TOXICTOONS art that reminds you of the monster things you grew up with!


About the Interviewer:
     Scott Lefebvre has probably read everything you've read and can write about whatever you want him to write about.
     Mostly because when he was grounded for his outlandish behavior as a hyperactive school child, the only place he was allowed to go was the public library.
     His literary tastes were forged by the works of Helen Hoke, Alvin Schwartz and Stephen Gammell, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Edgar Allan Poe, and H. P. Lovecraft.
     He is the author of Spooky Creepy Long Island and a contributing author to Forrest J. Ackerman’s Anthology of the Living Dead, Fracas: A Collection of Short Friction, The Call of Lovecraft, and Cashiers du Cinemart.
     His reviews have been published by a variety of in print and online media including Scars Magazine, Icons of Fright, Fatally Yours and Screams of Terror, and he has appeared in Fangoria, Rue Morgue and HorrorHound Magazine.
     He is the Assistant Program Director for The Arkham Film Society and produces Electronic Music under the names Master Control and LOVECRAFTWORK.
     He is currently working on a novel-length expansion of a short-story titled, "The End Of The World Is Nigh", a crowd-funded, crowd-sourced, post-apocalyptic, zombie epidemic project.
     You can check out the blog for the book here:
     You can check out the Facebook Fan Page for the project here:
     You can check his author profile at:
     You can follow him at GoodReads here:
     You can check out his electronic music here: https://soundcloud.com/master_control
     You can check out his videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/doctornapoleon
     You can check out his IMDB profile here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3678959/
     You can follow his Twitter here: https://twitter.com/TheLefebvre
     You can follow his Tumblr here: http://thelefebvre.tumblr.com/
     You can check out his Etsy here: http://www.etsy.com/people/arkhamscreenings
     You can join the group for The Arkham Film Society here:
     You can stalk his Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/TheLefebvre
     You can contact him at: Scott_Lefebvre@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment