Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Interview with Loucifer Rusconi.



Full Name:
Louis Edward Rusconi

Do you have a nickname or what do your friends call you?
Lou, Louie, Lounatic, Loucifer, Lugnut…it goes on and on.

Birthplace:
San Diego, CA

Current hometown:
San Diego County.

Favorite city and why?
San Francisco. Fun to visit and beautiful.

Birthday/Age:
2/13/1962. 51, old enough to know better yet never learns.

How would you describe yourself physically?
Big. 6' 4", 290lbs.
Jeez! Sometimes people, mostly girls think I’m tough looking and ask me to walk them to their cars. My reply is, “Sure! But who’s gonna walk me back?” You’re the guy I’d want to walk me back.
Haha! I'm really a mellow quiet guy, until my feet get stepped on.

How would someone else describe you physically?
Intimidating, yet incredibly cuddly.

The first thing people notice about you is…
My height and monster-like appearance.

Hair Color/Eye Color/Race?
Dyed black, green, multi-raced: German Swedish, Mexican and Italian.
I’m going to call that "GermSwe MexTalian".
Sounds good to me :)

Sexual orientation?
Yes Please.

Religion, if any?
No thanks.

Are you superstitious at all? Any phobias?
I believe in dumb luck. I do not care for heights or water. I dislike huge fucking spiders too…

Do you smoke/drink? If so, what?
No./No. Nada, quit at age 33 after raising absolute hell from 17 to 33.

Any bad habits?
Ball scratching, nose-picking and shot-calling.

Current occupation/Dream job:
Center Manager/ Medical Assistant at an Urgent Care.
Dream Job: Being allowed to do artwork full-time and actually making some money while doing it.

What do you like to do when you’re not at work?
Draw and paint and watch movies and create with my wife and laugh at stupid shit.

What is your zombie outbreak survival plan?
Kill anything that moves!

Weapon of choice:
Knife and then a 9 Milly.

Do you have any special skills?
Art and intuition.

Did you go to college and, if so, what for?
Minimal junior college for Graphic Arts, I hated the structure of school and left and never regretted it.

Any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?
3 cats. Sassy, Kiki and Poofy.

What is your favorite animal?
Cats, but I dig all animals.

Speaking of pets, any pet peeves?
Work. Asskissers.
Oh, man, you must loathe asskissers at work then!
Asskissers really are the bane of the workplace. When you make a stand at work and one, get no support, and two, you have some schmuck slide up and do what you wouldn't just to make imaginary Butt Points, it makes it hard. I will never be that guy and I will never befriend that guy.

Favorite/Least favorite Food:
Favorite: Donuts and pizza. Least favorite: Cabbage.
What about eggrolls? They’re mostly cabbage.
Yeah, but they are deep-fried! I bet shit deep-fried would be tasty!

What is your favorite quotation/motto/saying?
“I'm a filthy little monkey and I'm totally out of control.” (From great artist Greg Irons)

What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
Meeting and marrying my wife Paula who is a fabulous Artist and Burlesque Performer. She performs under the name Remele Sparks.
I looked her up on FB. She’s a looker! You’re a lucky man to put a leash on that tigress!
I AM lucky! Every day I say that to myself. I went around for quite a bit alone, never thinking I would meet someone and Paula came along right as I was ready to give up. She saved my life.

What is the worst thing that ever happened to you?
Not being able to see the band Goblin perform this year.

Ever had your heart broken? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
Sure. I was in second grade and I loved coloring with the black crayon, it was my absolute favorite. My teacher, Mrs. Murphy took all of our black crayons away and told us that; black was not a color. I cried for days.

Ever broken someone’s heart? Is there a story worth telling behind your answer?
Yes. No.

What is the best thing you’ve ever done?
Have not done it yet. Bigger things to come!

What is the worst thing you’ve ever done?
Hurt others feelings.

If you could kill one person, consequence free, who would it be and why?
Hmmmm, pretty serious question. Maybe Oprah for her generic interviews and outlook that mask a megalomaniac bent on world domination. Justin Beiber comes to mind too…
*tugs at collar* Glad I don’t do generic interviews!
Heh-heh…

What do you do?
Full-throttle visual assault on the masses and fist fucking society's anus lubeless.
GTOM!
Showerheading!!

How did you get started doing what you do?
Started as a child probably as a way to shut me up/keep me occupied. Mother and Father both painted.

What is your advice to other people that want to get started doing what you do?
Do it! And seek out positive people/artists who will help you willingly and not be cocks about sharing techniques and secrets. Artists, feel free to contact me! I don't know shit and am more than willing to share it! Shame on all the artists out there who act like they are god and can't help someone.

What are some of the projects you’ve worked on/finished in the past? Give us a little history if you will.
I have been drawing and painting all my life. I entered a painting in a local fair in the 80's and it was juried unfit to display. I was a little sensitive then and only did art for friends and family after. Fuck juried art, all those old cunts wanted was cityscapes and generic shit. I started doing production art after a shitty 4 years of working at Nordstrom. That was the late 80's, early 90's. I did production art for years, mostly airbrushing and lettering and I was successful and made good cash. In the end our trade went to China and Mexico. During the last five years in production art I decided I wanted to do art for bands and painted backdrops for a lot of cool groups like Skinless, Mortician, Necrophagia, Reguritated and Cattle Decapitation to name a few. That opened the door to doing artwork for bands like cd covers, t-shirt designs and logo design. I stayed within the underground music scene and earned a reputation if not much money. When my production art job ended, I went to school and into the medical field as an MA and have been doing that for 8 years now. I run an Urgent Care currently. I continue to do art for a few bands, not as many as before only groups I really dig, like the Murder Junkies. I show paintings in art galleries now and do limited prints and t-shirt designs. I am developing a few underground comics that will be a wink back to the underground greats from the 70's and 80's. I have a few art book in the works too that are grandiose in style and design and will appeal to the baser side of Man.

What projects are you working on now?
A page for Girls And Corpses magazine, a shirt design for the Murder Junkies, Blowfly art and a whole bunch of other stuff too!!

What are you watching?
An American Hippie In Israel.
I’ve been meaning to get around to watching that one. My friend Dave Szulkin reps it theatrically and I like to keep current on what my friends are up to.
Dave is my friend too!! I met him at a MANIAC showing in LA and hope to do some art for him soon. He is one cool guy! An American Hippie In Israel is AWESOME!! I highly recommend it!

What are you listening to?
Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats

What are you reading?
Dead In Five Heartbeats by Sonny Barger and I just started Seka's autobiography.

Favorite author/book?
Stephen King/The Stand

Favorite band/song?
Danzig/Tired Of Being Alive

Least favorite band/song?
Anything current/Pop.

Desert Island Music/Movies/Books: You know the deal. Five of each.
Music: Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Danzig, The Cult, Judas Priest.
Movies: Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, anything with Vincent Price, Boogie Nights, Evil Dead (original)
Books: The Stand, anything by Clive Barker, anything by Dostoevsky, Everything by Charles Bukowski, anything by Kafka.
Good to know that if we’re stuck on a desert island together we can share books. Your list almost matches mine.
You have great taste! The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky changed my life and I recommend it to anyone with a soul.

If you could do anything other than what you do now, what would you do?
Full time Artist.

Who would you want to meet that you haven’t met? You get three choices: Alive. Dead. Fictional.
Alive: KillJoy form Necrophagia
Dead: Salvadore Dali or Johnny Cash
Fictional: HellPig, the Easter Bunny or Jesus.

What’s the best and worst job you’ve ever had?
Best job would be moments during the 15 years I did art for a career doing inflatables for movie openings, etc. Worst job would be my current job in the medical field…And that is only because of the corporate machine. I like taking care of people.

Are there any questions that I didn’t ask that you wished I had asked that you would like to answer now?
None that I can think of thank you.

Anyone you recommend I interview that you can put me in touch with?
Sergio Zungia, a fabulous artist. Also Reuben SplatterBeast, Amer Shihab, Chris Ralski  Amesquita and Jose Gabriel Angeles. I am blessed with knowing a ton of cool people!
If they’re in your FB Friends I’ll look them up and send them an interview request once I get your interview up and posted for social proof.
All are my Facebook friends, good friends and Great Artists, much like Black Mass!

Got any questions for me?
When will I die?
You’ll die at the end of your life. Be grateful. It’s less complicated that way.
Now I know!
How soon before the sun crashes into the earth?
A million billion years and by then we’ll have been dead and forgotten so it won’t matter. By the way, I think the earth is much more likely to crash into the sun.
Yeah, I am more than halfway in the bag, so I just have to worry about making sure my wife is taken care of.
What attracted you to the written word?
I don’t know. I guess reading a lot of books. Plus it’s something I’m just naturally good at. That and I like how books create a controlled imaginary world where you can do whatever you want.
You have been very accommodating and this has been a great experience!

Closing questions / summary / and thanks:
Thanks for letting me subject you to being interviewed Lou!
Thank YOU!

Pitch parade:
Give me all of your links for things you want to promote.   All of them.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lou.rusconi
Twitter: Machete don't Twitter.
Website: Being worked on...
Blog: See Twitter.
Etc.: Best place to contact me is on Facebook.

About the Interviewee:
UnderGround Artist who works in the medical field.
I focus on paintings and illustrations these days. I have shown in MF Gallery New York, MF Gallery Italy, Hyaena Gallery in Burbank, and the fabulous Sev Ven Gallery in Huntington Beach.
I have had the pleasure of working with the likes of music groups (on backdrops, shirt designs and cd covers): Mortician, Necrophagia, Giallos Flames, Skinless, Cardiac Arrest, Cattle Decapitation, Coffins, Mixmatosis, Hocico, Regurgitate, and many more!
I am working on a few books and comic books right now!
I specialize in creating CHAOS OUT OF ORDER.




About the Interviewer:
Scott Lefebvre has probably read everything you've read and can write about whatever you want him to write about.
Mostly because when he was grounded for his outlandish behavior as a hyperactive school child, the only place he was allowed to go was the public library.
His literary tastes were forged by the works of Helen Hoke, Alvin Schwartz and Stephen Gammell, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Edgar Allan Poe, and H. P. Lovecraft.
He is the author of Spooky Creepy Long Island and a contributing author to Forrest J. Ackerman’s Anthology of the Living Dead, Fracas: A Collection of Short Friction, The Call of Lovecraft, and Cashiers du Cinemart.
His reviews have been published by a variety of in print and online media including Scars Magazine, Icons of Fright, Fatally Yours and Screams of Terror, and he has appeared in Fangoria, Rue Morgue and HorrorHound Magazine.
He is the Assistant Program Director for The Arkham Film Society and produces Electronic Music under the names Master Control and LOVECRAFTWORK.
He is currently working on a novel-length expansion of a short-story titled, "The End Of The World Is Nigh", a crowd-funded, crowd-sourced, post-apocalyptic, zombie epidemic project.
You can check out the blog for the book here: theendoftheworldisnighbook.blogspot.com
You can check out the Facebook Fan Page for the project here: www.facebook.com/TheEndOfTheWorldIsNighBook
You can check his author profile at: www.amazon.com/Scott-Lefebvre/e/B001TQ2W9G
You can follow him at GoodReads here: www.goodreads.com/author/show/1617246.Scott_Lefebvre
You can check out his electronic music here: soundcloud.com/master_control
And here: master-control.bandcamp.com
You can check out his videos at: www.youtube.com/user/doctornapoleon
You can check out his IMDB profile here: www.imdb.com/name/nm3678959
You can follow his Twitter here: twitter.com/TheLefebvre or @TheLefebvre
You can follow his Tumblr here: thelefebvre.tumblr.com
You can check out his Etsy here: www.etsy.com/people/arkhamscreenings
You can join the group for The Arkham Film Society here: www.facebook.com/groups/arkhamscreenings
You can stalk his Facebook at: www.facebook.com/TheLefebvre
You can e-mail him at: Scott_Lefebvre@hotmail.com

1 comment: